My research interest lies in any computer systems or applications that are networked; Internet services, cloud, and systems for Artificial Intelligence. I focus on improving their performance to enhance the user experience with novel ideas.
I have worked on 1) applying neural enhancement to video streaming in a way that maximizes viewer experience and 2) designing a practical cell-scale scheduler for latency-sensitive traffic in 4G/5G networks.
- Ph.D., School of Electrical Engineering, KAIST
- Feb 2020 - Feb 2024 (Expected), Advisor: Dongsu Han
- M.S., School of Electrical Engineering, KAIST
- Aug 2018 - Feb 2020, Advisor: Dongsu Han
- B.S., School of Electrical Engineering, KAIST
- March 2014 - Aug 2018, Cum Laude
- CoNEXTCo-optimizing for Flow Completion Time in Radio Access NetworkIn Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies (CoNEXT) (To appear) Dec 2022
- SIGCOMMNeuroScaler: Neural Video Enhancement at ScaleIn Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM 2022 Conference Aug 2022
- SIGCOMMNeural-Enhanced Live Streaming: Improving Live Video Ingest via Online LearningIn Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM 2020 Conference Aug 2020
- OSDINeural Adaptive Content-aware Internet Video DeliveryIn 13th USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI 18) Oct 2018