My research interest lies in any computer systems or applications that are networked; Internet services, cloud, and systems for Artificial Intelligence. I focus on improving their performance to enhance the user experience with novel ideas.
I have worked on 1) applying neural enhancement to video streaming in a way that maximizes viewer experience and 2) designing a practical cell-scale scheduler for latency-sensitive traffic in 4G/5G networks.
- Ph.D., School of Electrical Engineering, KAIST
- Feb 2020 - Present, Advisor: Dongsu Han
- M.S., School of Electrical Engineering, KAIST
- Aug 2018 - Feb 2020, Advisor: Dongsu Han
- B.S., School of Electrical Engineering, KAIST
- March 2014 - Aug 2018, Cum Laude
- HotStorageNeural Cloud Storage: Innovative Cloud Storage Solution for Cold VideoIn Proceedings of the 15th ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and File Systems Jul 2023
- EuroSysFlexPass: A Case for Flexible Credit-Based Transport for Datacenter NetworksIn Proceedings of the Eighteenth European Conference on Computer Systems Jul 2023
- CoNEXTOutRAN: Co-Optimizing for Flow Completion Time in Radio Access NetworkIn Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies Jul 2022 (Best Paper Award Nominee)
- SIGCOMMNeuroScaler: Neural Video Enhancement at ScaleIn Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM 2022 Conference Jul 2022
- SIGCOMMNeural-Enhanced Live Streaming: Improving Live Video Ingest via Online LearningIn Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the ACM Special Interest Group on Data Communication on the Applications, Technologies, Architectures, and Protocols for Computer Communication Jul 2020
- OSDINeural Adaptive Content-Aware Internet Video DeliveryIn Proceedings of the 13th USENIX Conference on Operating Systems Design and Implementation Jul 2018